tradermare

Unchained
J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Diamonds in the Rough
Portia Da Costa
Obsession - Jennifer L. Armentrout 5 huge stars for Obsession! Jennifer L. Armentrout proves once again that she is a masterful storyteller and an awesome world builder by giving us a new perspective of the Lux world from the eyes of the Arum.Obsession will scramble your thoughts about who is the good guy and the bad guy when it comes to the aliens and the government. Not only do we learn more about the Arum in Obsession, we learn more about the Luxen and their ultimate goal.Hunter’s got a arrogant attitude, a smart mouth, and a hot body to go with it. His early scenes with Serena play out with snappy, snarky humor that reminded me of an updated 2013 version of the old Cary Grant movie, His Girl Friday. I liked Serena, too.She was perfectly suited for Hunter and didn’t take any of his crap. nor did she deny her growing feelings for him. It’s great fun and also incredibly romantic to watch Hunter change from his initial attitude toward humans to his loving declaration to Serena, “You are perfect for me, only me.”Hunter … oh,yeah. Jennifer L. Armentrout definitely delivers on the hotness in Obsession.Even though we get both Hunter’s and Serena’s POV, this is so very much Hunter’s book. He leaps from the page and it made this reader ecstatic he was in just about every scene of this book. His character goes through tremendous changes in this story, and J. Armentrout plays out his awakening beautifully There’s plenty of action too. When Hunter and Serena end up back at club alien looking for Luc’s help, the dialogue and action sizzles just a little more, ending with a visit from our favorite green-eyed Luxen and a conversation that makes me both want and dread Origin at the same time. (Origin is the next title in the Lux series)Obsession is a fabulous addition to the Lux world for fans of the series and a nice lead-in to the series if you haven’t read it yet. You don’t need to have read the other Lux books before reading this one.