tradermare

Unchained
J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Diamonds in the Rough
Portia Da Costa
Escaping Reality - Lisa Renee Jones Amy is on the run when she meets Liam, a super-hot billionaire with a past (where have I seen that before) and in spite of knowing she shouldn’t, she lets him into her life. She’s got a shady employer, and even shadier “handler”. There are so many questions, its no wonder she has blackouts. Everyone she meets is suspicious in some way.Most everything in this book is laying the groundwork for book two, and it ends in a decent cliffhanger. Some elements of the story have been exposed, but its clear there is more to come. Who is trustworthy is the big question. I can honestly say after finishing the first book I still don’t know and I like that.There isn’t really anything new here plot-wise, but what I liked about this book was the writing, especially Amy’s inner thoughts as she is struggling with the consequences of falling for Liam. Some of what she has to say was almost poetic for me.I’m not sure how I feel about Liam. He’s hot in the bedroom, and he knows how to use his domineering personality to get what he wants. Amy is right to be suspicious of him. And then there’s the hot neighbor, Jared, who reminds her of someone from her past, and seems to turn up just at the right or wrong time. Who’s the good guy? I’m not sure. Liam does seem to fall in love rather quickly and we’ve seen the billionaire Dom in other titles, but I liked Amy and my interest in what happens to her overrode my annoyance at the overused character type. So, overall, if you like your erotic romance with a bit of mystery, you might like this. I will definitely be looking for book 2 of this series. Thanks to Julie Patra Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.