tradermare

Unchained
J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Diamonds in the Rough
Portia Da Costa

The Redemption of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden - Jessica Sorensen Really probably a 3.5 I was very grateful to have been able to read this immediately after finishing the book one in this series, because after the cliffie that ending book one, I'd be sorta upset to have to wait too long to read book 2.Book two doesn't really offer much beyond everyone dealing with the aftermath of book one, and to say it doesn't go well is an understatement. As with book 1, I found myself thinking .. "where's the one adult that will help these young people".What happens to Kayden is just beyond belief, and it doesn't get any better in this book. I really felt his pain, and I give the author kudos for that, although it made for a very sad story. Even though there was light at the end, it was easy to see there was still a very long road to recovery here.Callie was just lovely, as she struggles through her own issues. I liked her tenacity, her deep commitment to her friends, and just how she handles a lot of the bad stuff that continues in this book. I liked her parents reaction to things once everything came out in the open. I could have used more Seth and Luke, they were great friends throughout this series. Especially Luke's situation which seemed just as bad as the rest, and the little reveal at the end regarding Luke's sister seemed like an awfully big bombshell to just get a few lines in the story. I'm rating this a 3.5 since there wasn't a heck of of a lot of new story in this book. Still a good read if you like lots of emo and don't mind some very dark and sometimes disturbing content.