tradermare

Unchained
J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Diamonds in the Rough
Portia Da Costa
Origin (Lux, #4) - Jennifer L. Armentrout Now that I can breathe again after another incredible closing scene, I've got to say this was an awesome read that I started and couldn't put down until I was at the end.The first half of the book is a bit sad and scary and I was glad that J. Armentrout didn't drag that part out, but there wasn't a lack of hope as Katy and Daemon learn more about the Daedelus project and the other aliens and their agendas. Even though Katy goes through some pretty nasty stuff, it is tempered by the fact that Daemon is with her. But the second half of the book more than makes up for the horrors of the first half with a roller coaster ride of action, action and more action and a very sweet and special interlude leading up to another unexpected final scene. I gotta say that Daemon had some incredible one liners in this one, too. There's a reason we love his snarky humor and its out in full force in Origin along with his swoony tender moments. Archer was a super secondary character and it was great to learn more about Luc. There's even an appearance by Hunter. It was also nice to get reacquainted with Dee, Dawson and Beth. Daemon and especially Katy have come a long way in this series, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this all turns out in the final book, especially with how Origin ends.