tradermare

Unchained
J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Diamonds in the Rough
Portia Da Costa
Strangers - Barbara Elsborg 4.5 out of 5 starsCharlie Storm and Kate Snow are two damaged people who save each other from rather dire circumstances and in spite of their very different backgrounds, fall in love. Their relationship appears doomed from the start, but the fact that they are flawed and dysfunctional is what made these characters realistic for me. I had a hard time putting this book down. It’s a roller coaster ride of emotions. The author does a lovely job of depicting Charlie and Kate falling in love with each other while at the same time giving us the sense of doom lurking around the corner. And just when you think that Charlie and Kate might overcome the external and internal obstacles to their relationship, they both make mistakes that could cost them dearly. The last 20% of this was gut-wrenching (in a good way :)There are many subthemes in the story: forgiveness, the impact of betrayal, the price of fame, the power of the press, resolving the past and moving into the present, all of which made this a very rich and entertaining story for me. I was rooting for Kate and Charlie from the beginning. And thank you, Ms. Elsborg, for including the epilogue. This is the second title I have read from this author and I will definitely be reading more.