tradermare

Unchained
J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Diamonds in the Rough
Portia Da Costa
Hopeless - Colleen Hoover “The things that knock you down in life are tests, forcing you to make a choice between giving in and remaining on the ground or wiping the dirt off and standing up even taller than you did before you were knocked down.”I couldn’t sum up Hopeless any better than that quote from this book.It seems strange to say this book is “lovely” because of its subject matter, but it is so well-crafted, the dialogue so crisp and authentic, the action so engaging that taken all together Hopeless was just that to me... absolutely lovely.Sky and Holder’s journey is not an easy one, and in spite of a rough start, you just know they have destiny on their side. It isn’t until later in the book we find out just how tightly the invisible threads of life bind them together, and one slip-up starts off a landslide of revelations and retrieved memories that come at you until the end of the book.I had not read the synopsis for Hopeless nor did I have any idea what I was getting into when I started this. At first it seemed like another teenage love story, but it is so much more than that. This story deals with some very serious subject matter and does it very well.I loved the dialogue between Sky and Holder, especially after the crap hits the fan. It’s mature and meaningful in a profound way. While their communication starts off a bit rocky, once things get rough for Sky, Holder is there for her in every way, even though he is dealing with some fairly awful past himself.So overall, a well-crafted story that reveals the plot gradually, with great dialogue and two interesting main characters, and a pace that keeps you turning the page until you get to the final scenes which are anything but Hopeless. I think Dean Holder says it best.“The sky is always beautiful.”