tradermare

Unchained
J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Diamonds in the Rough
Portia Da Costa
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) - Katie McGarry Well, now that I've mopped up my tears and can see my computer screen again....Noah and Echo are dealing with loss and grief, piled on top of ongoing problems, peer pressure, lack of parental guidance, you name it, these two are carrying around a truck-load of issues.To say that Echo is the "good girl" and Noah is the "bad boy" is oversimplifying them.They are brought together by their clinical psychologist, who seemed a bit manipulative and johnny-on-the-spot in her approach. After a typical rocky start, their attraction grows. They deal with the usual high-school in-crowd stuff, along with some more serious circumstances that most high-school students would not experience. I really felt the initial attraction and heat between Noah and Echo, and how that evolves into a deeper relationship. One of my favorite scenes is early in the book where they share a burger and play pool. It's sweet, and its pretty clear that Noah really isn't' a bad-boy at all and that Echo needs to dump some of her "friends".Beth and Isaiah were interesting supporting characters in this story as Noah's "family", especially the interactions between Noah and Isaiah. Even Beth grew on me by the end. I want to know more about these characters. I thought the foster-care plot elements engaging and the part of the story that brought tears to my eyes more than once. I really liked this. There was a quality to the writing and story that distinguishes it from other, similar stories. While this was a story I had read before, I couldn't put it down. The pace is good, the portrayal of the teens realistic. I would recommend, as long as you don't mind shedding a tear or two when you read!