tradermare

Unchained
J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Diamonds in the Rough
Portia Da Costa
The Mistress  - Tiffany Reisz Tiffany Reisz’s family of perfectly imperfect kinksters are back in The Mistress, picking up where The Prince left off. Nora is missing, and everyone is a mess without her. So begins the story.I can’t say much about the plot without spoiling, but it’s intricate and delicate. Tiffany Reisz does an outstanding job of crafting this story. There were small parts that were big moments, and big moments that changed outcomes. There is a lot of talking in this book and that slows down the pace a bit, but that’s okay because it gives the reader more time to spend with these incredible characters.Since I don’t want to spoil any of the plot, because really, you want to read this, I will comment on two themes that I personally liked in The Mistress and throughout the series. One was the theme of family. It is very clear that all these characters are family to each other. They care for one another at that blood level, without actually being blood relatives. I really felt the love between them in The Mistress.The capacity for love and the who, and when and the how of it is another part of this story that made an impact on me in The Mistress. Nora, Soren, Kingsley and Grace make some truly wonderful points about what it means to love someone, but the best comes from Nora who says something that captures what I felt as I read this book. “Love versus love, King. you’re comparing infinities. There is no ‘more,’ That’s not how love works. If it’s love, it’s infinite. You can’t count it.”The Mistress might be my favorite book in this series. My heart was happy and full of unmeasurable love for these characters when I got to the end. It’s a classic. Go buy it and read it. You won’t be sorry.Thanks for Harlequin and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest review.